The gathering of songs and dances by the Baka Pygmies, called “be.” The one, who is dancing in the center is a spirit “jengi.”
Description of “be” (Taken by: Daisuke Bundo)
There are links for WMP and Real Player RP files. (These links are from the homepage of “Kyozai Kankaku Baka’s Mode of Co-Presence,” 2003).
- Women sing, a spirit “me” dances.
- Women are dancing simultaneously while they are singing. In the middle of this, the spirits charge the women.
- Firstly, the strongest spirit, jengi’s dance. Following that, is another spirit’s dance, which involves wearing a headdress.
- Buma dance. Its dancers do not wear headdresses. The women’s polyphonic sound is beautiful.
- The women singing around the jengi.